Chapter Resources > Part 1 (Chapters 1 – 4): Establishing Your Foundation
This page covers all four chapters included in the first part of the book:
- Chapter 1: What is User Experience (UX)?
- Chapter 2: Your Career is Grounded in your Education
- Chapter 3: Never Stop Learning
- Chapter 4: Branding and Networking for Career Success
Eventually, as more content is added post-publication these chapters may be broken out into separate resource pages.
Cory’s related writing
- Review of Online Learning Courses (UXmatters, 2015)
- Review of UX Blogs (Huffington Post, 2015)
- Alltop Collection of Popular Posts Across Blogs (many UX-oriented)
- UX-oriented Conferences in 2016 (User Testing)
- Web Design Conferences Jan – June 2016 (includes some UX) (Smashing Magazine)
Supportive Professional Organizations
- User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA)
- Interaction Design Association (IxDA)
- Information Architecture Institute (IAI)
- Customer Experience Professionals Association (CXPA)
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES)
- Qualitative Research Consultants Association (QRCA)
- Society for Technical Communication (STC)
- ACM Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction (SIGCHI)
- American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA)
- All sorts of local Meetups via meetup.com and elsewhere
What other links and resources should go here?
Please let me know what great resources related to Chapters 1-4 should be included on this page by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image: DenisNata / Shutterstock