The UX Careers Handbook author Cory Lebson is passionate about UX careers and enjoys not only writing about UX careers, but also speaking, training, providing mentoring and consulting support, and facilitating events.
These services can be offered under the Lebsontech LLC brand or can be white-labeled to allow an organization to offer these services to others.
- Training and mentoring of recruitment staff in UX disciplines, skills and methods
- Strategic outlining of staffing needs based on projected workflow
- Translation of general hiring expectations into an actionable recruitment approach
- Review of job descriptions before they are made public
- Evaluation of potential talent, resumes and portfolios
- Thought-leadership including blog entries, white papers and other forms of print or media
Speak at Events / Create Events
- Speak on topics related to both UX methods and careers
See recent articles and talks on the Lebsontech website
- Create and facilitate public and private UX-oriented events of any size, including speaker-led events, panel discussions, UX dinners and meetings, and networking events
- Promote events to Cory’s very large UX network
Mentor to Build In-House Skills & Knowledge
- Hands-on learning for a limited number of staff
- Several intensive days of mentoring on-site
- Long-term guidance and support with ongoing consultation
Workshops & Training to Improve Skills
- Half-day and full-day workshops, as well as shorter talks
- Modular training so you can select modules that are most relevant
- Optional customization or creation of new materials
Do you want something not included here?
Cory can customize career services and training topics just for you.
Based on a rate of $150/hour, pricing may include some additional or alternate fixed fees depending on required travel and/or if using existing training materials.
See training/event pricing formula on the Lebsontech website
Image: Michael Darcy Brown / Bigstock.com
Career Training Topics
Hire UX Professionals
- Hiring & working with UX professionals
- Retaining UX employees
Any of the topics below can be framed for recruiters and employers or for UX professionals
UX Career Basics
- What is a UX career?
- How to learn about UX
- Skillsets and UX career pathways
- Resumes & portfolios to illustrate value
- In-house vs. consulting work
- Landing a job (or new contract work)
Branding & Networking
- Personal UX branding
- Creating an elevator pitch
- How and why to network
- Use of social media
- Value of “UX Adventure“
- Career bootcamp
- Speed networking activities
- UX leadership dinners
In addition to career topics, Cory also offers a variety of user experience topics.